Thursday, August 2, 2018

Photos, Videos From My Day at Drive a Tank

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, on 20 July I spent the day at Drive A Tank in Minnesota, which was a Father's day gift from my wife. For World War II and tank enthusiasts, I'm posting below some of the best videos and photos from the day. Enjoy.

Driving the Abbott self-propelled gun. It took me a few minutes to get used to driving it, but once I figured it out the experience was epic.


Driving the Abbott back to base. 

I was fortunate to ride as a passenger inside the commander's hatch. It gave me a unique perspective and put movies like Fury, Battle of the Bulge, and A Bridge Too Far in a whole new light.


I got to fire a World War II German MG42 machinegun. It has a sound distinct from all other machineguns of that era.

I was a pretty good shot for my first try at an MG42.


Although I didn't get a chance to experience this (this time), I figured everyone would still want to see a car crushed by a tank.

For anyone interested in having such an experience, contact the company via http://www.driveatank.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment